How to Decorate with Texture
Updated: Mar 29
Ever wonder how you can make your space more interesting?
For instane, making your drapes work for you by adding some texture.
There are many ways to add interest to a room and one of the most popular is with texture. Texture can be added through wall treatments, fabrics, furniture, accessories and flooring.
Texture can add warmth, richness and depth to a room. It can also help to create a focal point or add interest to an area that might otherwise be considered bland. When used correctly, texture can help to balance a room and make it feel more inviting.
Texture is an important design element that can add interest and character to your decor.
It can be used to create a sense of depth and dimension, and can help to break up large expanses of plain wall or flooring.
If you're not sure how to decorate with texture, here are a few tips:
- Use fabric to add texture to a room. You can do this by adding throw pillows, blankets or evenwindow treatments.
- Incorporate wood furniture into your space. Wood has a natural texture that can add interest to a room.
-Add texture to your walls with wallpaper or paint. There are many beautiful wallpaper and paint designs that incorporate textured effects.
-Use texture to highlight architectural features. For example, use textured paint or wallpaper to accentuate moldings or other details in your home.
- Add an area rug. An area rug can help to define a space and add texture.
- Use wall treatments to create texture. This could include anything from wall art to wallpaper.
- Use natural materials in your décor. For example, use wood, stone, or metal to add texture to your furniture or accessories.
- Experiment with different materials. If you're looking for something a little more unique, try using materials like metal, glass or even stone in your decorating scheme.
Adding texture to your décor is a great way to make a space more interesting and inviting. By using a variety of textures, you can create a unique look that's all your own. So experiment and have fun with it!
If you are ready to get started let’s connect on a complementary discovery call.
Always Haute, Always Polished